SENCO Guidance for School Inspection: Improving your School
This publication includes a comprehensive update of the Common Inspection Framework from an SEN perspective and provides key considerations for effective self-evaluation for SEN from a whole school perspective.
The SENCO Guidance for School Inspection is a brand new publication aimed at providing a strategic overview of the SENCO role.
Evolving your provision while providing evidence for inspections can seem daunting and difficult to make time for, but in line with a renewed Ofsted focus on improving provision for all pupils it’s more important than ever for SENCOs to think strategically.
This new nasen guide to school inspection is a practical, straightforward guide that breaks down school improvement into easily digestible parts.
Four sections, each representing a different element of the SENCO role:
- Effectiveness of Leadership & Management
- Quality of Teaching, Learning & Assessment
- Personal Development, Behaviour and Welfare
- Outcomes for Children & Other Learners
- Clear and succinct explanations of each section – Suggested evidence, nasen tips, Ofsted focus
- A comprehensive list of practical resources
- Clear examples of best practice
Designed with busy SENCOs in mind its simple structure allows you to work through the sections from beginning to end, or dip in and out as you need to.