National Funding Formula Consultation Response published
The government published its response to the 'Schools National Funding Formula' consultation alongside the High Needs funding formulae on 14th December. Here we summarise the main points and look at the implications for SEND.
A summary of the main points from the 'Schools National Funding Formula Government Consultation Response: Stage 1':
- There is to be a basic amount of funding per pupil which will be the same across the country, increasing from primary to KS3 to KS4.
- Additional amounts will be paid per pupil based on needs, including deprivation and low prior attainment.
- There is to be a transitional period so that no school loses more than 1.5% per year.
- There is to be a new funding block for LAs: the 'central schools services' block.
- The Pupil Premium will remain as a separate grant; Looked After Children will only be funded through PP+, which will increase.
- 101 LAs will gain, 49 will lose in overall funding.
- 10740 schools will gain, 6487 will lose in overall funding.
- The biggest gains are in Yorkshire and Humberside and the East Midlands.
A summary of the main points relating to SEND (High Needs funding);
- No LA will see a reduction in High Needs funding
- Some LAs will see up to a 3% increase in 2018-19 and 2019-20
- There is to be a new 'High Needs Strategic Planning' fund for LAs to review their HN provision (£23million in total)
- The DfE is to carry out research into complex, high-cost children and how the system works for them
- The DfE is to provide capital funding to support the expansion of special provision, and to progress a new route for special schools to be established through the free schools programme
08 Jan 2019 Silver AND Gold Member Only
This set of resources may be used by SENCOs to support class and subject teachers with making reasonable adjustments for the pupils in their classes. There is an editable class information sheet and an editable evidence gathering sheet (for Gold members), and completed examples of both of these (for Silver and Gold members). You may wish to watch the short webcast which explains how you can use these resources.
Tool - 17 Dec 2018 Silver AND Gold Member Only
This strategic tool can be used used to help you plan your year.
Information, Guidance - 25 Sep 2018
This guide aims to introduce childhood acquired brain injury (ABI), consider how it is acquired and why it is often misdiagnosed, and provide some practical support strategies. #miniguides