INVITATION TO TENDER
INVITATION TO TENDER (ITT) to undertake a DfE funded project to identify good and promising practice across two areas.
- to help keep children at SEN Support who are at risk of exclusion successfully in mainstream settings;
- good and promising practice in alternative provision and mainstream settings to help successfully reintegrate SEN Support pupils into mainstream settings.
This project aims to identify:
- the key features of practice in mainstream schools with a successful record of keeping SEND pupils at risk of exclusion, engaged with school;
- the key features of practice in mainstream schools and alternative provision (AP) and/or pupil referral unit (PRU) settings, that effectively support excluded pupils with SEND to return to mainstream settings;
- the critical factors that senior leaders in both mainstream and AP/PRU settings bear in mind when supporting pupils with SEN at risk of exclusion or who have been excluded.
The report and case studies should draw on the IFF research into Alternative ProvisioN, where appropriate, and will be used to inform practice in the mainstream and AP sector and support the development of a SEND Review tool for use in AP settings and future policy development.
Outputs will include:
- The identification of 14 case studies of effective practice (4 AP, 4 mainstream primary, 4 mainstream secondary, 2 mainstream all-through). The case studies should be written up as stand alone case studies in an agreed format for easy dissemination.
- A report identifying key features of inclusive teaching that help keep children at SEN Support who are at risk of exclusion successfully in mainstream settings, good and promising practice in mainstream schools for supporting the return of excluded pupils to mainstream settings, and good and promising practice in PRU and AP settings that successfully return pupils to mainstream settings.
- A report, illustrated by the case studies that identifies key features of inclusive teaching that help keep children at SEN Support who are at risk of exclusion successfully in mainstream settings.
The budget for this strand of the contract is a maximum of £20,000 excluding VAT. Value for money principles will underpin the assessment of all bids.
08 Jan 2019 Silver AND Gold Member Only
This set of resources may be used by SENCOs to support class and subject teachers with making reasonable adjustments for the pupils in their classes. There is an editable class information sheet and an editable evidence gathering sheet (for Gold members), and completed examples of both of these (for Silver and Gold members). You may wish to watch the short webcast which explains how you can use these resources.
Tool - 17 Dec 2018 Silver AND Gold Member Only
This strategic tool can be used used to help you plan your year.
Information, Guidance - 25 Sep 2018
This guide aims to introduce childhood acquired brain injury (ABI), consider how it is acquired and why it is often misdiagnosed, and provide some practical support strategies. #miniguides