INVITATION TO TENDER
INVITATION TO TENDER (ITT) to undertake a DfE funded project to identify good and promising practice across two areas.
- to help keep children at SEN Support who are at risk of exclusion successfully in mainstream settings;
- good and promising practice in alternative provision and mainstream settings to help successfully reintegrate SEN Support pupils into mainstream settings.
This project aims to identify:
- the key features of practice in mainstream schools with a successful record of keeping SEND pupils at risk of exclusion, engaged with school;
- the key features of practice in mainstream schools and alternative provision (AP) and/or pupil referral unit (PRU) settings, that effectively support excluded pupils with SEND to return to mainstream settings;
- the critical factors that senior leaders in both mainstream and AP/PRU settings bear in mind when supporting pupils with SEN at risk of exclusion or who have been excluded.
The report and case studies should draw on the IFF research into Alternative ProvisioN, where appropriate, and will be used to inform practice in the mainstream and AP sector and support the development of a SEND Review tool for use in AP settings and future policy development.
Outputs will include:
- The identification of 14 case studies of effective practice (4 AP, 4 mainstream primary, 4 mainstream secondary, 2 mainstream all-through). The case studies should be written up as stand alone case studies in an agreed format for easy dissemination.
- A report identifying key features of inclusive teaching that help keep children at SEN Support who are at risk of exclusion successfully in mainstream settings, good and promising practice in mainstream schools for supporting the return of excluded pupils to mainstream settings, and good and promising practice in PRU and AP settings that successfully return pupils to mainstream settings.
- A report, illustrated by the case studies that identifies key features of inclusive teaching that help keep children at SEN Support who are at risk of exclusion successfully in mainstream settings.
The budget for this strand of the contract is a maximum of £20,000 excluding VAT. Value for money principles will underpin the assessment of all bids.
18 Jul 2019 Silver AND Gold Member Only
08 May 2019 Silver AND Gold Member Only
What is…DME? is a short information document that summarises some key ideas related to Dual and Multiple Exceptionality.
Information - 18 Apr 2019 Gold Member Only
A useful presentation that will look at current SEND policy and statistics.