Government responds to Bercow: 10 Years On
The Bercow: 10 Years On report was published in March 2018; today, Nadhim Zahawi and Caroline Dinenage publish a letter in response.
The letter, addressed to Bob Reitemeier of ICAN and Kamini Gadhock of the RCSLT, details what measures the government has taken to improve outcomes for children and young people with SEND, and particularly with SLCN, over the years since the original Bercow Review. These include:
- The SEND Reforms, including the SEND Code of Practice 2015
- SEND leadership training for all local authorities
- Supoprt from CDC and Contact to promote joint working in LAs
- Local Area SEND inspections, which are proving to be an important driver for change
- Actions to promote social mobility, including professional development for early years professionals in early language and literacy
- Investment in evidence-based practice such as through the EEF
- A focus in Opportunity Areas on the development of speech, language and communication
- Improved support for mental health in children and young people
Information - 18 Apr 2019 Gold Member Only
A useful presentation that will look at current SEND policy and statistics.
19 Mar 2019 Silver AND Gold Member Only
This Common SEND Acronym Index provides users with a comprehensive summary of commonly used terms.
04 Mar 2019 Silver AND Gold Member Only
This resource brings together many of the sources of SEN data to enable schools to make comparisons between their own overall data for SEN and that aggregated nationally.