Everyone's a winner at the nasen Awards 2017
Thursday 19th October saw nasen host a special awards ceremony at the Museum of London in celebration of the charities 25th anniversary.
This year’s winners were as follows:
- Excellent Practice in Early Years - Harrington Nursery School
- Excellent Practice in Further Education - Heart of Worcestershire College, Inclusive Learning & Base Resources
- Excellent Practice in Primary Schools - St Aidan’s C of E Primary School
- Excellent Practice in Secondary Schools – PACA, Secondary Speech & Language Screening Initiative
- Excellent Practice in Special Schools - Camberwell Park School, Outreach Service
- Exceptional Parental Engagement - Aspire Federation
- Technology - Victoria Education Centre
- Effective Collaborative Working - Kilgarth School, The Aspire Project
- Young Person/Youth Achievement - Mair Elliot
- Inspiring Publication - Positive Looking: Development of Visual Skills Programme
- Inspirational Teacher - Tania Brooks
- Inspirational Leader - Darryl Morgan
- Learning Support Staff - Karen Parkinson
- Lifetime Achievement - Jenny Gridley
Other - 23 Oct 2017 Silver AND Gold Member Only
Presented by Alex Grady, Education Development Officer, this webinar, the third in a series, explores what the effective evaluation of interventions looks like, and how you should approach the evaluation of the interventions that you use.
Tips - 17 Oct 2017 Silver AND Gold Member Only
Pupil passports are an important tool within wider person-centred working and lots of schools and settings use them. Have a look at these suggestions for how you can ensure that you are using them effectively, or to help you to start using them, so that they can contribute to improved outcomes for children and young people with SEND.
Guidance - 06 Oct 2017 Silver AND Gold Member Only
In this podcast, Michael Surr, Education Development Officer at nasen, talks with Hedi Elsmore about how her school used an evidence based approach to improve provision for their learners with SEN.