Complete our member survey on 'Strengthening Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and Improving Career Progression for Teachers'
On 15th December the DfE launched a consultation on ‘Strengthening Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and Improving Career Progression for Teachers’. nasen will be joining with its partners within the Whole School SEND Consortium to respond to this consultation.
- An extended induction period with QTS awarded at the end
- Development of a structured early career content framework setting out what all teachers need to know and areas for development
- A stronger mentoring provision for new teachers.
- Expansion of professional qualifications to include specialisms to promote specialist career pathways
- A range of options to help embed a culture of continuing professional development, building on work already underway
- A pilot fund for work-related sabbaticals.
To shape nasen's response to the consultation we need to hear our members' views. Please take a few minutes to complete our short survey. Thank you for your support.
05 Mar 2018 Gold AND Silver Member Only
Read about how one nursery uses effective inclusive practice to meet the needs of all their children, including those with SEND.
Other - 30 Nov 2017 Silver AND Gold Member Only
Presented by Michael Surr, Education Development Officer, this webinar explores what we mean by 'universal classroom provision' and how this can be as effective as possible for children and young people with SEND and ALN.