Complete our member survey on 'Strengthening Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and Improving Career Progression for Teachers'
On 15th December the DfE launched a consultation on ‘Strengthening Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and Improving Career Progression for Teachers’. nasen will be joining with its partners within the Whole School SEND Consortium to respond to this consultation.
- An extended induction period with QTS awarded at the end
- Development of a structured early career content framework setting out what all teachers need to know and areas for development
- A stronger mentoring provision for new teachers.
- Expansion of professional qualifications to include specialisms to promote specialist career pathways
- A range of options to help embed a culture of continuing professional development, building on work already underway
- A pilot fund for work-related sabbaticals.
To shape nasen's response to the consultation we need to hear our members' views. Please take a few minutes to complete our short survey. Thank you for your support.
Information, Guidance - 25 Sep 2018
This guide aims to introduce childhood acquired brain injury (ABI), consider how it is acquired and why it is often misdiagnosed, and provide some practical support strategies. #miniguides
Information - 25 Jun 2018 Silver AND Gold Member Only
This webinar looks at what SLCN are and makes some practical suggestions for classroom practice to meet these needs.
Understanding the eye care and vision needs of pupils with special educational needs and disabilities
Information, Guidance - 11 Jun 2018
This guide aims to understand the eye care and vision needs of pupils with special educational needs and disabilities. #miniguides