Government responds to Bercow: 10 Years On
The Bercow: 10 Years On report was published in March 2018; today, Nadhim Zahawi and Caroline Dinenage publish a letter in response.
The letter, addressed to Bob Reitemeier of ICAN and Kamini Gadhock of the RCSLT, details what measures the government has taken to improve outcomes for children and young people with SEND, and particularly with SLCN, over the years since the original Bercow Review. These include:
- The SEND Reforms, including the SEND Code of Practice 2015
- SEND leadership training for all local authorities
- Supoprt from CDC and Contact to promote joint working in LAs
- Local Area SEND inspections, which are proving to be an important driver for change
- Actions to promote social mobility, including professional development for early years professionals in early language and literacy
- Investment in evidence-based practice such as through the EEF
- A focus in Opportunity Areas on the development of speech, language and communication
- Improved support for mental health in children and young people
Checklist - 27 Aug 2019 Silver AND Gold Member Only
A useful editable checklist for silver and gold members. Aimed at SENCOs, this resource will help you check that your SEN information report is compliant with statutory requirements, and that it is useful and accessible for parents and young people. This resource will help you to meet statutory requirements and use person-centred practice (it is statutory to publish an SEN information report on a school website; Ofsted often look at it before an inspection).
18 Jul 2019 Silver AND Gold Member Only
Information - 18 Apr 2019 Gold Member Only
A useful presentation that will look at current SEND policy and statistics.