Complete our member survey on 'Strengthening Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and Improving Career Progression for Teachers'
On 15th December the DfE launched a consultation on ‘Strengthening Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and Improving Career Progression for Teachers’. nasen will be joining with its partners within the Whole School SEND Consortium to respond to this consultation.
- An extended induction period with QTS awarded at the end
- Development of a structured early career content framework setting out what all teachers need to know and areas for development
- A stronger mentoring provision for new teachers.
- Expansion of professional qualifications to include specialisms to promote specialist career pathways
- A range of options to help embed a culture of continuing professional development, building on work already underway
- A pilot fund for work-related sabbaticals.
To shape nasen's response to the consultation we need to hear our members' views. Please take a few minutes to complete our short survey. Thank you for your support.
08 May 2019 Silver AND Gold Member Only
What is…DME? is a short information document that summarises some key ideas related to Dual and Multiple Exceptionality.
Tool, Guidance - 09 Apr 2019 Gold Member Only
Effective examples of pupil pen portraits
Guidance - 09 Apr 2019 Silver AND Gold Member Only
Ideas for using pupil pen portraits with staff.