Complete our member survey on 'Strengthening Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and Improving Career Progression for Teachers'
On 15th December the DfE launched a consultation on ‘Strengthening Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and Improving Career Progression for Teachers’. nasen will be joining with its partners within the Whole School SEND Consortium to respond to this consultation.
- An extended induction period with QTS awarded at the end
- Development of a structured early career content framework setting out what all teachers need to know and areas for development
- A stronger mentoring provision for new teachers.
- Expansion of professional qualifications to include specialisms to promote specialist career pathways
- A range of options to help embed a culture of continuing professional development, building on work already underway
- A pilot fund for work-related sabbaticals.
To shape nasen's response to the consultation we need to hear our members' views. Please take a few minutes to complete our short survey. Thank you for your support.
Checklist - 01 May 2018 Silver AND Gold Member Only
This editable checklist will help practitioners in the Early Years to see what records they need to collect for a child about whom they have emerging concerns. There is text explaining what is needed and a one-page checklist to put in a child's file to support effective record keeping.
Tool - 27 Apr 2018 Gold AND Silver Member Only
If you are a key person working in the Early Years, this flowchart will help you to structure your response to children with emerging needs. It uses a graduated approach, following 'universal', 'targeted' and 'personalised' levels of support. It would make a useful addition to your file, or print it out on A3 and put it on the staff noticeboard for everyone to refer to.
Guidance - 11 Apr 2018 Silver AND Gold Member Only
This flowchart can help you to be more effective in your use of interventions.