Complete our member survey on 'Strengthening Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and Improving Career Progression for Teachers'
On 15th December the DfE launched a consultation on ‘Strengthening Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and Improving Career Progression for Teachers’. nasen will be joining with its partners within the Whole School SEND Consortium to respond to this consultation.
- An extended induction period with QTS awarded at the end
- Development of a structured early career content framework setting out what all teachers need to know and areas for development
- A stronger mentoring provision for new teachers.
- Expansion of professional qualifications to include specialisms to promote specialist career pathways
- A range of options to help embed a culture of continuing professional development, building on work already underway
- A pilot fund for work-related sabbaticals.
To shape nasen's response to the consultation we need to hear our members' views. Please take a few minutes to complete our short survey. Thank you for your support.
19 Mar 2019 Silver AND Gold Member Only
This Common SEND Acronym Index provides users with a comprehensive summary of commonly used terms.
04 Mar 2019 Silver AND Gold Member Only
This resource brings together many of the sources of SEN data to enable schools to make comparisons between their own overall data for SEN and that aggregated nationally.
28 Feb 2019 Silver AND Gold Member Only
This fully editable tool, which can be completed electronically, has been designed to help scaffold the observation process.