An opportunity to join one of nasen's Advisory Groups
Would you like the chance to contribute to nasen's work and development, whilst also being kept right up to date with developments in the sector and helping to influence the national picture of SEND/ALN? As a silver or gold member, you may join one of our Advisory Groups.
nasen has five Advisory Groups that support the organisation by responding to relevant consultations and educational initiatives, producing educational resources and providing a representative voice for nasen members.
The groups are:
- Publications Commissioning Advisory Group (PCAG)
- Birth – Eleven Advisory Group (BEAG)
- Eleven – Twenty-five Advisory Group (ETAG)
- Specialist Provision Advisory Group (SPAG)
- SENCO & Learning Support Advisory Group (SLSAG)
The Advisory Groups are made up of volunteers from within the nasen membership and we are now looking to expand the membership of each group. We will be holding a recruitment and selection day on Saturday, 1st April at the Jurys Inn, Birmingham.
Person Specification of Advisory group members
- Must have a current silver or gold membership of nasen either as an individual or as the named contact for their organisation.
- Must act as an ambassador for nasen positively promoting the aims and objectives of the association.
- Should be a professional working within the field of SEND who is keen to develop and advance their own learning.
- Should have a sound understanding and awareness of the charitable aims and objectives of nasen.
- Has the available time and commitment to attend two Saturday meetings per year and contribute to any work related activity driven by their group.
Benefits for members
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- Collaborative, supportive network of co-members
- National and international representation opportunities on behalf of nasen
- Regular access to national update of SEND policy and practice
- All expenses for Advisory Group business are covered by nasen
To register for the recruitment and selection day, please send a covering letter and CV to Coral Stewart by 5pm on Friday, 15th March 2017.
05 Mar 2018 Gold AND Silver Member Only
Read about how one nursery uses effective inclusive practice to meet the needs of all their children, including those with SEND.
Information - 23 Feb 2018
A guide for leadership, staff, governors, link person for medical needs, clinicians and other agencies.