nasen Northern Ireland
The Northern Ireland branch of nasen consists of a committee of professionals from a variety of educational backgrounds. This includes teachers, lecturers and support workers from the special, primary, secondary, higher education and youth justice sectors with a wide range of experience, knowledge and expertise.
Our vision, as a passionate group of SEN educationalists is to:
- Offer localised support to school staff – SENcos, leaders, teachers, governors, Classroom Assistants, parents, and further education students
- Provide relevant, high quality & affordable CPD training
- Engage in multi – agency networking
- To ensure best practice & advocate for our children
- Promote nasen UK as a n organisation
We are pleased to be working the newly appointed nasen Ambassador for Northern Ireland Mr Alastair Rowan in promoting the work of nasen NI and nasen UK.
Over the course of a year we hold two events, our study day in April and the annual conference.
The next nasen NI Conference will be taking place on Saturday 21st October 2017. Theme: Finding their voice: Promoting Mental Health in Children and Young people. Keynote speaker for the conference is Carrie Grant.
To find out more and secure your place please download:
Our study day in April 2016 focused on ADHD and our annual conference in October 2016 explored disablist bullying. Boith of these events were given excellent reviews by the delegates.
If you wish to contact the NI Branch for information on upcoming events, any other additional support, queries or suggestions for future events. Then please contact us via email.